Our expertly trained managers are available on-site to help make your Miami Storage experience a positive one. Briefly these are some of their recommendations:
1. Use a good quality lock on your door. We use the highest level of industry standard cylinder locks, however, you may wish to use another lock for added confidence. We recommend disk locks, which we have for sale at our facility.
2. Use caution in what you choose to store. It is prohibited to store anything combustible i.e. paint thinner, gasoline, solvent, chemicals, paint, etc.
3. Use valuable space inside drawers and appliances to store small and fragile items. Remember to use our Size Estimator
4. Shelving can help increase space and shelves are available for rent in our retail store.
5. Wrap fragile items, such as holiday decorations, in bubble wrap or packing paper and pad the carton also. Remember to label these boxes "Fragile."
6. Make sure fragile boxes are place on top of heavier, less delicate boxes.
7. All glass items should be wrapped. Cups and bowls should be nested in one another. Place a layer of packing inside the box at both the top and bottom.
8. Wrap furniture legs with protective bubble wrap, furniture covers or pads to prevent scratching. Break down items such as table legs, and store on end to save space. Store mattress flat on top of a level stack of boxes or furniture.
9. Use boxes to store documents, files, and books. Place book flat to protect their spines.
10. Tightly seal boxes with packing tape to prevent dust from entering.
11. Label boxes on all sides for easy identification especially business files or inventory that are frequently accessed.
12. Place frequently accessed items toward the front of your unit and less frequently accessed items toward the back. Allow for walk through areas.
13. When storing lawn or garden equipment, you must drain fluids to avoid hazards and corrosion to your equipment.
Please call one of our expert Miami storage managers for additional storage tips.